Saturday, September 20, 2008

UEN Reflection Paper

This weeks assignment has been a little bit more than I was expecting.  The UEN website is absolutely amazing, yet it is also very, very overwhelming.  It has literally a world of information available if you know where to look.    I have been working on this assignment for the past 5 hours or so and I am still not finished.   If I had nothing else to do I would love to spend 5 more hours looking at all of the resources that are available, but since I have several more hours of homework in other classes still to do, I've decided to take a break and wait until Tuesday to ask "Doc" how to finish these little items that have stumped me.

The Pioneer library is one of my favorite resources that I am definitely going  to use in my home with my own children until I am officially a teacher.  What a fabulous way for my students to find ideas for projects and get unlimited information to write research papers not to mention the incredible resource it will be for me as I am trying to create lesson plans that will be fun and interesting to the children. 

Within this website are unlimited amounts of ideas for interactive activities for every subject you can think of.  I believe that this one resource that helps you stay focused on the Core Curriculum while having a blast learning from educationally sound resources will absolutely change how I will teach.  I can hardly wait to share the information I have found with my kids.  It will be great practice so I don't forget how to maneuver around the UEN website.  I LOVE THIS!  

No comments: