I can imagine how effective this would be in the classroom when we have a student of the week. It would be fun to highlight different aspects of that students life with pictures of his/her family or allowing them to show off some of their favorite things or 10 of their personal dreams. Once it was created their parents, grandparents... could all have fun celebrating the students success no matter where in the world these loved ones live.
Another thing I learned by going in and talking to our instructor "Sandie" before class on Thursday was how to use the google calendar. I was planning to purchase a Franklin day planner, but now that I have learned how effective this tool can be I'm going to save the cash for something else. With the calendar I can put in my cell phone number and request a text to be sent 15 min. before an activity reminding me to get it in gear! No more being late to class because I was in the middle of studying for another class and lost track of the time. LOL Also, I have no reason to forget another birthday ever since I'll be reminded in plenty of time! In my classroom I can completely organize my day, week and month. If something needs to be rescheduled all I have to do is move it to another day with the click of the mouse. It doesn't get any easier than that!
I'm looking forward to what we will be taught today about my UEN website. More to come later...
No comments:
Post a Comment