One of our projects this week was to create a spreadsheet using information from the summer Olympics and how many gold medals were won by each country. What used to look so hard and impressive became something I can actually do myself! I can't wait to go home and turn my personal budget into a spreadsheet and do a pie chart that will show me how I'm actually using my money each month and where I need to cut back in order to increase my savings.
Another one of our assignments was to create our "Dream Computer". In reality that's all it is... a dream, but let me tell you, my dream computer was loaded with everything from a 30" monitor to enough memory to last a lifetime. We had to find all of the parts on the internet and put pictures of each item with ALL of the details including a picture pasted underneath the price of the item. (This was the project that took me an hour and a half, but it made me feel better when a student said it took her 3 hours, and several others said it was a challenge for them as well).
I am determined to learn everything I can about computers and what they have to offer while getting my education so that in a few years I will have the latest information and technology available in my classroom. From just the few assignments we were given this week I am excited about my future students will be able to produce. I look forward to watching them create some amazing projects and feel a sense of accomplishment as they use their creativity to make something that will inspire others to do the same.
It's a good thing I love a good challenge because I can tell already that this semester is going to be full of them. I can't wait to see what we will be learning next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment