Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Powerpoint Presentations

This week both class periods consisted of presenting and watching others present their powerpoint presentations.  I have been impressed by the endless possibilities available through this one piece of technology.  

We were divided into groups.  Each person was assigned a different segment to work on.  I found that it can be helpful to work with other students who have had significant experience with computers, but sometimes it comes so naturally that they just prefer to do it themselves. My favorite project that we worked together on was our comic strip.  We downloaded it to a google account and everyone was able to work on it from home.  Thankfully everyone carried their weight and it ended up turning out well. 

The presentation of our first project infront of the class was pretty frustrating because the music didn't attach like it was supposed to, but we learned from our mistake and now we know what we need to do next time.  I have also learned which students I would want to work with down the road and what we could do to make the finished product more polished and ready to go.

As I refelect on the past several weeks participating in this class I have come to truly appreciate technology. It has been such an exhilarating experience as I've accomplished things I never would have imagined I could do.  I'm looking forward to what is yet to come!


No comments: